Tuesday, May 6, 2014

So Scrappy greens & more

WHOA, I let a week get away from me blog-wise!!  I haven't really done much sewing but HAVE been prepping for my Kim Diehl workshop which I had in my mind was this Thursday.  Turns out it's next Thur. so I'm already ahead and have actually done more than was required so I'm sure I'll hafta sit on my hands but that's OK.  I'd rather do that than feel like I'm constantly having to keep up which will probably occur anyway.  So here's a bit of what I've prepped--these have freezer paper templates on the back.













And then I had to get busy and get some green blocks done for the So Scrappy color of the month.  I'll be making more of these in a variety
of bright greens to be combined with the other
colors into cute baby quilts.

I've gotten 5 flag blocks done (the 6th was coming along nicely until I sewing one of the red strips wrong side up so will have to be 'unsewn').  That really aggravates me cause I do it more often than I'd like to admit!  Dang it!

9 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love Kim Diehl - so jealous that you're having a workshop! blessings, marlene

judy said...

I love the flag blocks

judy said...

Love the flags

scraphappy said...

Have a great workshop! Great greens in your blocks -- so happy.

Sheila said...

LOVE your blocks!

Sewgreen said...

I LOVE those little flags!! SO cute!!

Ramona said...

Kim Diehl is one of my favorite designers. I've never taken a class from her, but would love to. Last year I made some mini quilts with similar flags. I love your blue patches. Very nice!

Dar said...

I love your flag blocks too. What size are they? Do you have a pattern in mind as to how you will lay them out yet. I'm interested in seeing how big it will be and if it might be a good pattern for QOV.

Bonnie said...

Yea for being ahead of the game. I tend to be behind all of the time. Can I just say I am time challenged? Have fun at your Kim Diehl workshop. Lots of fun time in your future.