Saturday, January 10, 2015

Jelly roll quilt

I finished another top and just need to get busy and get the back made.  Will get that accomplished today.  This one turned out 66X72 and that was just about the same size as the snowball quilt, which was finished and backing made!!  WOOHOO!!  Think this one looks more like a women's shelter prospect than a QOV.  What do you think?
 
 
I've got the brown 'roman stripe' top that I'll measure and see if it needs borders.  If so, will get those taken care of in the next day or so and then move onto another red, white and blue quilt I started in a long ago workshop with Lyn Roddy Brown.  That one's for me!!  It will be my 4th of July quilt and maybe this one will actually get done BEFORE the holiday rolls around again!!  LOL

5 comments:

JoAnne said...

Yep, women's shelter.

Betty Lou said...

You are really getting to those UFOs and have some nice donation quilts. Love the blue and white quilt you posted a couple of days ago. Hope that is a keeper.

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

A quilt is a gift no matter the cause Sherrill. So very generous of you to donate. Take good care. Karen

StitchinByTheLake said...

Sherrill the women at the shelter will love getting this quilt! I've made a few for them and we get such positive feedback from them. blessings, marlene

carol fun said...

Love the colors in this one...I know this will be appreciated at the shelter - God Bless you!