Thursday, February 19, 2015

I am SOO excited!!!

I know this may seem trivial to a lot of you (especially those who have these as frequent visitors) but I HAVE AN OWL in my owl house!!!  A friend of mine made one for me and put it up last year but I never got a taker.  I was out in my yard earlier and thought I heard the faint 'whinny' noise they make but never THOUGHT to look at the owl house.  Just figured there was one in one of the nearby trees.  As I turned around to go in, I thought I saw something sticking out of the door of the owl house.  LO AND BEHOLD, it was an OWL!  The pictures aren't very good as they were taken from inside the house through the window.  Don't want to take ANY chances of scaring it away.  WOO WHO WHO!!


4 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Sherrill we have an owl that lives on the other side of the lake but occasionally comes over here hunting. We never see him in the winter but in the summer we hear him - in fact, we hear him more than we see him. Sometimes we see evidence that he's been here because there will be feathers where he had his dinner. blessings, marlene

JoAnne said...

How cool is that!

JoAnne said...

I think that is totally exciting! We feed birds and bought a bird house hoping for bluebirds. In Virginia it was occupied by Chickadees. We do have bluebirds but not in the house here in Indiana, yet. I can totally understand how excited you are.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

That is so very cool!! I'm excited for you!