Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My first 'little dress'

I saw a call go out for little dresses and, having ignored these pleas before (since I don't do clothes), decided to try a couple.  I looked at several different tutorials and used measurements gleaned from a couple of blogs.  I merged a couple to try and just get it as simple as possible.  I guess it's been a long time since I paid any attention to what a size 7 girl looks like.  This dress looks so long and narrow.  It was easy enough to make and I'd make a few more if I was certain it would fit the size I'm making it for.  Guess is could be shortened and used for a smaller girl if it wouldn't work for a size 7.

The measurements for size 7 were 36" wide and 32" long.  Hmmm.....

4 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Hi Sherril----If you are making Little Dresses for Africa they like them long. The girls wear their dresses longer and they won't out grow them so quick. Your dress looks perfect and will make some little girl very happy to have a new dress, probably her first.

Judy Bachman said...

You have a new title now....dressmaker.
CUTE

mindingmomma said...

That's awesome! I wanted to make these pillowcase dresses too but have been afraid to try them. Will you share a tute on your method?


mindingmomma at aol dot com

Terry said...

Awe...that's so cute! :0)