Monday, July 27, 2015

Pillowcases galore

Well, mini galore anyway though all are not finished and therefore not in the picture. The 7 above will be for QOV and the women's shelter.  I have 3 or 4 that still need the final 'french' seam a la sausage style so that no seams are left unfinished.  It's just one extra step that makes such a huge difference.  I like that each one of these pillowcases I finish means one more yard GONE from the burgeoning stash!!  LOL

I want to try making a few of the pillowcase dresses for Lori over at Humble Quilts who's planning on taking them to Bolivia in Oct. I believe (would use fab from the stash rather than pillowcases).  But I REALLY want to work on getting at least a couple more QOV's finished and off to the longarmer so they can be presented to deserving vets before too long.  Aahhh, the constant tugging in multiple directions.  YIKES!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Great pillowcases! I'm sure the vets from QOV and the women at the shelter will appreciate them.

Dar said...

Thank you for making pillowcases for our QOV veterans. This is a cause close to my heart too. I also love reducing my fabric stash by making pillowcaes. I made and donated 53 to our local children hospital in June, and am now trying to finish up 24 more for another charity. They are fun and easy to make, and I'm not getting any quilts of my own done, so this is the best way to get my numbers.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love making pillowcases! They're so quick and so fun and so rewarding! blessings, marlene