Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Scrappy mountains and binding

I don't remember if I'd mentioned one of my red, white and blue projects was a Scrappy Mountains from Bonnie but have a nice chunk sewn together so thought I'd take a picture.  Think I'm going to offset every other row to give a more 'udulating' effect (guess that's the way to describe it..HA).  I do have many more of the red and blue squares cut--just need to get busy cutting more lights so I can make more blocks!   I had mentioned to a friend that while I had the red, white and blue out, it was just easier to cut for several different quilts hence why I have SO many in various stages of near completion.  Would be nice to get them all done about the same time, too!!
 
 
 
I showed this one prior to shipping off to the longarmer and this was one of three that JoAnne picked up and delivered to me for binding.  This one's about half bound and I machine sewed the binding to the 2nd which is a jelly roll race style in fall colors.  The 3rd is a snowball in red, white and blue.  I like the way Judith quilted each one differently.  Think I'll have at least a couple of entries in the binding blitz.  WOOHOO!


2 comments:

Donna said...

Scrappy Mountains is definitely on my "make someday" list. Love your red, white, and blue one. Very pretty.

JoAnne said...

Love the Scrappy Mountains - maybe I should make one too!