Saturday, August 29, 2015

More from the trip

This was Mystic Seaport in CT.

Gillette's Castle (where?) don't remember but wow, was it cool.  This guy was an actor but he designed this place (sorry the color is so bad on this one) and he had mechanisms for door locks, a dining room table on sliders built into the floor, mirrors so he could see who was coming in the front door from upstairs, a system on the roof of the house to collect water that would funnel into hoses in the house in case of fire.  All kinds of unique, unusual stuff.  He must've been a genius!

And Mark Twain's house.  Pretty snazzy.
I've been so busy 'rowing' (the row by row experience ) that haven't had time to actually work on any rows!!  But I will get busy in the next couple of days I hope.  I picked up some rows on the trip and am in the process of 'sharing' with other rowers.  I will NOT be doing this next year..it can get outta hand REAL quick!! :-(

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Looks like fun!

Do you remember the movie "Mystic Pizza?" It was set there in Mystic. Gosh, that movie has to be 25 years old (or more) by now. I've always wanted to go there and see this darling town.