Sunday, October 25, 2015

Pluggin' away

Still, VERY SLOWLY, making progress on the Quilts of Valor.  Work is to start in the morning on my master bath renovation so I've been working on getting everything cleared outta there.  Trying to squeeze as much as possible into the other bathroom has taken a great deal of effort.  Thank heavens that one isn't used for much except a spare so there wasn't a lot of extra stuff in there.  But it doesn't have major cabinet space like the master has.  Oh well, max of 3 weeks I'm told so should be OK.

But I DID manage to get one of the QOV's all sewn together.  It's not pressed nor does it have a backing yet but that's OK, the top is now at flimsy stage.

If you've read my blog for any length of time, you know how many of these I've made but most were in civil war repro fabrics for Home of the Brave quilts.  I had almost enough of these blocks to make two like this.  Now I need to get busy and make 3 more blocks so I can put another one of these together.  This one wound up about 68" x 82".   Now ON TO THE NEXT!!!  :-)

8 comments:

JoAnne said...

I never get tired of those Home of the Brave quilts - looks great for a QOV! Is Yancey doing your bathroom?

Kyle said...

You continue to do a wonderful and generous job.

Ramona said...

Your blocks are so striking! I love the fabrics and how the crosses stand out so well. Beautiful.

Churn Dash said...

It's a beautiful quilt and I love the quirkiness of the crosses in some of the blocks.

Helen

Nann said...

I like the strong graphic design of the cross blocks.
We had a bathroom redone three years ago. The toilet was in the bedroom for weeks. I was grateful to have another bathroom to use!

AnnieO said...

Very striking QOV! My master bath has no major storage so clearing it out would be a matter of about two boxes of stuff. Hope your remodel goes well,wish I could say mine was being remodeled!

Tired Teacher said...

I love these blocks for a QOV. Well done

Kate said...

Beautiful QOV!