Wednesday, November 25, 2015


Many times I feel sorry for myself in my loneliness and become envious of many of my friends who still have their spouses and/or also have wonderful relationships with their children and grandchildren.  I feel for the most part that I'm way down on the priority lists of my boys (and so often mothers don't have as close a relationship with their sons as they do with their daughters) and that makes me sad. But I try to stop and think about what I have to be grateful for.  I do have a home, warmth and shelter from the weather.  I have food and clothes and really all that I need.  But those things cannot take the place of a spouse, one that you love and know is always there for you, someone who'll drop everything and go wherever it is you want to go.  I need to remember all that I've had and all that I still have and give thanks with a grateful heart.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Well said.

Tired Teacher said...

I enjoy your posts and want you to know you are NOT alone: your extended cyber family is always here for you.

Judy Bachman said...

It's been a hard week for me....I know what you mean.....

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've thought a lot about this very fact Sherrill - and I'm terribly grateful for the wonderful husband I have. But for those who stay in abusive situations it's the loneliness that I think keeps them there. And you're right about sons as well. It takes a lot of work to keep a son close and even then it might not be what you want. My girls seem to "need" me but when my son is around it's because he wants, not needs me. blessings, marlene