Friday, November 6, 2015

Oldie but GOODY!

I was going to refold this one as I was pretty sure it was getting badly creased and I was right.  But instead of just refolding, I decided to hang it for awhile because I LOVE it.  I knew I'd done it a number of years ago but didn't think it was THAT long!!!  2007!  I made this one for one of our guild quilt shows as our challenge had to do with Dear Jane blocks.  It was magnificently quilted by Susan Corbett but pretty sure it didn't win a ribbon.  Hopefully after it's hung awhile, some of those creases will disappear and THEN I will wrap it on one of those swim noodles.

3 comments:

Judy Bachman said...

2007 that was eons ago...another good lookin quilt

Kyle said...

It doesn't take long for creases to appear in quilts. I know I should be more careful. Hopefully, most of those creases in your beautiful quilt have disappeared.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I steam press from the wrong side and try to get as much fold line out as possible. Then I throw it in the dryer with a slightly damp towel for about 5 minutes of heat and 5 of air. Most creases will be gone after that.