Got ONE more project finished for the binding blitz--this one makes 3 in the month of May! YAY! This table runner has been laying around a long, LONG time awaiting it's binding. What's bad is I don't remember who quilted it and it's a good thing! As I was binding it, I was noticing what a TERRIBLE job of quilting..bad tension, uneven stitches..AWFUL! But then I didn't make things any better by whacking off a few points as I was trimming in prep for the binding. Thank heavens it only a seasonal table runner which may or may not see the light of day this October! :-)
AND here's what I've been doing in the evenings while watching baseball or whatever else is on TV. I think I can get one more out of the skein of yarn.
(UGH, blurry but you get the idea..next time I'll get a blue skein!)
Well, two of the binding projects are done!! Woohoo!
Got the binding on the Christmas wallhanging and the Halloween quilt. I have a few more items needing binding and MAYBE I can get one more small one finished before end of the month.
Making some progress as well on the giant star blocks (15"). I need 30 and now have 12.
I think this will make a great QOV!! Might need to make a couple of these. As I have fabric out, I'm trying to cut for several different projects. Still need a few more smaller stars for the "Just One Star" project which will also be for a QOV. I do a little cutting nearly every day for more of my X+ blocks and have also been cutting red, white and blues for Scrappy Mountains and for some paper-pieced half square triangles that will be for a different project.
It's been SO rainy here and I should be getting more done since it's too wet to be able to be outside much. I know we desperately needed rain but it would be nice to be a little more spread out (AND to have some in July and August!!). But at least we're no longer in a drought situation and maybe if I'm lucky, I won't have to use my sprinklers at all this summer!! HAHA Not realistic but.....
on a couple of projects. Got this Christmas wall hanging back from Mona the quilter so am working on binding it. Will try to get the binding on the Halloween quilt before month's end!
AND, since finding my X+ blocks, I've made 6 more!! From the note on the stack I'd already made, looks like I'd initially planned on making it 7X8 and had 55 already made. Now I'm thinking I want to make it 8X10 so still need 19 more. That's OK, I can do it!
YAY! Got this one back from Mona the quilter yesterday and I've trimmed it. Now it's on the agenda for Julie's binding blitz this month. Then I'll be able to check this UFO off the list completely! I've also got a Halloween table runner that still needs binding so if I could get that done as well, I'd have two entries for the binding blitz AND I'd be all ready for Halloween! LOL