Monday, January 25, 2016

Images from Aulani

One final post regarding Hawaii then time to move on..just thought I'd share some photos taken around Aulani.  They always have more than just a beautiful building..there's meaning behind most everything here.  We took a tour and got all kinds of info regarding the meanings but most of it I've forgotten.  Oops.

Above is just a portion of the gorgeous koi pond and below is the little waterfall in same.
 The structure reflects the surroundings on the island, the mountains represented  on one side (the side this window is on) and the water.
 There is also something about male and female and these paintings on each side represent activities of the males and the other side show the females.

 They had some BEAUTIFUL light features.

Such a pretty shape and texture of this ceiling in one of the long corridors off the entryway.

 Carving in the wood over one of the corridor doorways.
OK, that's it.  Now I really need to get back to the machine and get some stuff finished up..REALLY!!

3 comments:

JoAnne said...

The arched ceiling is beautiful - looks like a church. When we've been on tours I've tried to catch everything the guide was saying, but by the time I get home, I've forgotten most of it! At least it's entertaining while we're traveling!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

What a lovely trip, thanks for taking me along; I enjoyed being in Hawaii for a quick minute today!

Carolyn said...

One of these days we'll get to Aulani...or Disneyland even! In the meantime, we'll keep going to WDW. We'll be there in a month and I can't wait!