Friday, January 22, 2016

We're BAACCK

Remember awhile back I mentioned visiting Hawaii?  Well we did and now we're back in the frozen tundra..UGH!!  Staying at Disney's Aulani was quite a wonderful experience and we were lucky enough to have near perfect weather for our entire stay.  We went out on a whale-watching excursion and saw a couple of whales breaching and even the fabulous whale tale but my pictures looked like little black spots in the water.  So I'm sparing you.

We stopped by a tiny restaurant which got super high reviews on tripadvisor.com.  They are very popular with the locals and serve true Hawaiian food.  Reviewers suggested the short ribs as tops so we tried those along with kailua pig and cabbage (pulled pork with cabbage), squid luau, beef with watercress and rice.  I tried it all and have to say I don't think I'd be a good Hawaiian.  None of it was
yummy in my book (especially the squid..GROSS)!!  But hey, we tried it!!

Another thing we found on trip advisor was the site of birthing stones where the Hawaiian 'royalty' was said to have been born.  I'd never heard of it (and apparently neither have many Hawaiians) so we drove out for a look.  Here's more info here.  We couldn't quite get the gist of how the birthing took place in, on, around or near these stones.  But it was a place I never would've visited if there hadn't been info on tripadvisor.com.  A few of my photos--




No clue as to the reason or significance of the leis or other items placed on the stones.  More later.

2 comments:

JoAnne said...

So glad you had a good time. Can't wait for more pics!

JoAnne said...

So glad you had a good time. Can't wait for more pics!