Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Caching along the way

As we were making our way down to the port, I wanted to grab a few caches along the way.  I'd checked out what was in our path and this first one was a virtual.  There is no actual cache container but takes you to a place where you must provide answer in order to claim a find.  This was an old one room school museum and, of course, was closed since it was Sunday.  But I managed to get the answers one of which asked what the original color of this school house was (it was green) and the name and number of the school (at top of bldg. in first pix) and who owned that second building where haircuts were given (League City Ice Company).





The second cache was located in this old cemetary where many of the founding members of the town of Dickinson, TX were buried.  I found it rather odd that so many were Italian names and had immigrated here to form this town since my DH's father had immigrated alone to the U.S. at the age of 9!!
There were some beautiful grave markers that have somehow survived the vandalism that is rampant in cemetaries--so sad.


1 comment:

Judy Bachman said...

I love old cemeteries...they are so interesting. I am glad you found some caches. I would have been very disappointed if you had not looked for some. Interesting buildings too. Better go out and find some more caches.