Saturday, August 12, 2017

Quilt Plano

My friend and I went to a quilt show yesterday and I'm glad we went.  I usually don't do anything on the anniversary of Frank's death so wanted to 'break the mold' and get out.  It was a really great show, well attended, great vendors and BEAUTIFUL quilts!  I'll show a few for the next couple of posts.

This stunning quilt was best of show!!  The quilting, the embellishments, the applique ALL spectacular!  Very deserving of the award.



Such a simple quilt but a great and different way to use 9 patches.



This one was called Birds of Sorrow and she talked about putting it together after (or during) a rough patch.  I wish you could read the little poem on the lower left of the quilt.  Very cool.


Ummm, just WOW!


I just a sucker for anything with a civil war vintage vibe to it and this one fit the bill.



No comments: