Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Halifax

Our final port of call was Halifax, Nova Scotia.  I was really looking forward to visiting and seeing this beautiful place but the weather didn't cooperate.  We had an excursion to Peggy's Cove on tap and I had hope that the weather would clear but it didn't.  We spent pretty much the entire time in the bus and the short time we got off to see the lighthouse was QUICKLY cut short when the rain began coming down in sheets and 8 busloads of tourists packed into the small gift shop.  NOT FUN!!  But I did get some decent pix out the bus window (and a couple before the bad rain).







And I did get a really cute hooded zippered rain jacket from the gift shop!!  I had a jacket (not rain repellent) and an umbrella (that turned inside out a few times due to high winds) so the beautiful purple rain jacket will live in my suitcase and be there for future trips.  I had checked weather.com multiple times prior to the trip and NOTHING showed like what we actually had.  DO NOT believe weather.com--they lie!!  LOL

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Sorry the weather didn't cooperate, but so glad you still got to Peggy's Cove! It is quite a place!

Kyle said...

Bummer about the weather, but you just have to go with the flow.