Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Arrived safely...whew!

Here's a picture of Diana with the top I sent for her Girl Scout project

It's always good to know when something this 'valuable' has made it to it's destination.  You can read more about Diana's project and updates of all the donations that have come rolling in here. 

Monday, April 20, 2015

I'M SO EXCITED (sorta)

Oh my GOSH!!!  I FINALLY found my x plus blocks!!  I have been looking for them for months and months and FINALLY found them!  Now I can get to work making more and hopefully finishing the quilt sooner rather than later! 

BUT in the meantime, while searching I came across even MORE UFO's..HORRORS!!  I found a cute little Schnibbles with little houses (can't remember the name) just needing the rows sewn together.  I'm afraid to dig any deeper into the box as I still have some 'needs to be finished' laying across the back of the couch. 

AND I started one more project that hopefully won't wind up as yet another UFO.

This is slated to become another QOV (hopefully) and yet another way to use up some of the stash.  I finally got out my Accuquilt GO and started cutting a bunch of the ugly stuff into 2 1/2" strips.  Figured that way I could MAYBE sort into colors that play nice together and get enough for a few jelly roll race-style quilts.  And a friend called the other day asking if I had a couple of yards I could donate to her daughter for the Heart and Soul group.  They make sheets for Cook Children's hospital.  I gave her 4 yards and need to talk to her about donating more for the next time they get together.  Sheets can be just about anything!!

Also worked on a few more "Scrappy Mountains Majesty" blocks from Bonnie's blog (also in red, white and blue) so I AM using the stash.  Just not enough fast enough! :-/


Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Where the heck have I been?!

I was powering away trying to complete a top for Diana's project and got nearly there and, for whatever reason, stopped dead in my tracks!  Then I got off on something different (which I said to myself I WOULDN'T DO but I did anyway...sigh) and finally this morning decided I needed to get this thing done!  I had a lot of these blocks already made up (almost half) and figured it really wouldn't be THAT difficult to make the other half and put it all together.  But it wasn't quite as easy as I figured as the blocks were sewn on two or three different machines and 1/4" isn't my best  so that made an easy task quite a bit more aggravating.  But it's together and just needs a couple more seams pressed then I'll make a backing and ship it off.

The lighting is terrible and the color is off in the photo (dark, gray skies outside and lots of rain yesterday so too wet to take outside to photograph).  It's really nice and bright and will, hopefully, bring a smile and a hug to a child in the Russian orphanage where this will wind up!

What briefly took me away from this project were these blocks...

These were started several years ago when Moda was doing their "Just One Star" project trying to get enough blocks collected to make 100 quilts for 100 soldiers.  As I recall, the project was a resounding success as they received WAY more blocks than they'd asked for and I can't remember exactly how many but know they made far more quilts than they'd anticipated which was, of course, a good thing!  As I continue digging through boxes, I find things I've started and this were some of that find.  I've made a few more and will wind up with 18 blocks.  I want to put them together in the manner that Moda did and use it as a wallhanging in the living room over the summer.  We'll see if that happens for this summer but I doubt it.

Saturday, April 4, 2015


Hope you have a blessed day!